On March 9, the Just Transition Fund hosted a webinar on the pending Rural Partnership Program and its potential for coal-impacted communities. Leading rural development experts discussed the program’s design, benefits for local capacity building, and current status in federal legislative negotiations. They also answered a range of questions from webinar participants, including local leaders from coal-impacted places across the country.
A recording of the event is available below and here.
The webinar’s panelists included:
- Tony Pipa, Senior Fellow, Center for Sustainable Development, Brookings Institution
- Nathan Ohle, President & CEO, International Economic Development Council
- Connie Stewart, Executive Director of Initiatives, Cal Poly Humboldt
- Heidi Binko, Executive Director & Co-Founder, Just Transition Fund
These resources provide more information about the Rural Partnership Program:
- Aspen Institute: “Potential federal Rural Partnership Program”
- Brookings Institution: “Will Biden deliver for rural America? The potential of the proposed Rural Partnership Program”
- Rural Assembly: “Rural Partnership Program: an opportunity for community-driven development”