Careers at JTF
Director of Administration
The Just Transition Fund, a philanthropic initiative housed at Rockefeller Philanthropy Advisors, is on a mission to create economic opportunity for the frontline communities and workers hardest hit by the transition away from coal. As an innovative hybrid initiative—part grantmaker, part catalyst—we provide investments to help communities create 21st century jobs, and technical assistance to empower local leaders to act.
We seek a qualified individual to provide high-level administrative support, both to the executive director and the organization. This is a new position intended to support our growth at a significant moment of opportunity to advance coal community transition and at an exciting time of organizational evolution.
As a start-up venture, we offer a flexible, fast-paced work environment in an area seeing unprecedented growth and attention. We are a virtual team, with the executive director based in Charlottesville, VA, and other staff in Illinois, New York, West Virginia, and Virginia.
The director of administration will provide administrative support to the executive director and leadership team. The director will also lead the development, creation, and implementation of organization-wide administrative systems.
JTF-Wide Administration/Systems (~60%)
- Develop, refine, and implement JTF's administrative systems
- Develop and manage the JTF organizational calendar system
- Support the evolution and maintenance of the JTF project management system (Airtable database)
- Act as liaison and manage the relationship with JTF's fiscal sponsor
- Provide administrative support related to finance: tracking spending, invoicing, and budgeting
- Support in maintaining the JTF database of contacts
- Create and maintain JTF-branded templates of documents, presentations, and other company materials
- Maintain organization of folders and documents on Google Drive
- Help onboard and offboard team members
- Provide administrative support to the fundraising team, including submitting proposals and reports to donors
Executive Assistant (~25%)
- Provide executive support to the executive director
- Proactively manage the executive director’s calendar and schedule travel, as needed
- Interface as JTF liaison with high-profile donors, grantees, and other key external partners
- Prepare written materials for both internal and external distribution
Management of Governance Boards & Event Planning (~15%)
- Oversee planning of in-person and virtual events, including JTF team retreats, convenings across the JTF network of partners, strategy working group meetings, and advisory board meetings
- Lead coordination of all event logistics
- Liaise with governance boards and serve as primary point of contact for event planning teams
Compensation will be commensurate with experience. The salary range is $90k-$110k. We offer significant flexibility, including the ability to work from home, as well as a stimulating work environment with a fun and energetic virtual team. The time commitment is 40 hours per week, but additional hours are likely during certain periods, such as staff retreats and board meetings (currently held virtually).
Please submit a cover letter and resume by October 8 here.
The Just Transition Fund is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity and to maintaining an equitable and inclusive working environment. Employment, compensation, and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without discrimination because of race, color, religion/creed, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, medical conditions, pregnancy, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected under law.
To learn more about our work, please visit here.